Plant Positive Seeds

Inspired by a Terri Sproul class...... Titled: Plant Positive Seeds.... 
Supplies I used: Nail Art pens (I purchased them at Dollar Tree), Gesso (home made}, Acrylic paint (purchased at Walmrt), and sharpies (purchased at Walmart).  Here is the Video to Terri Sproul's Art Journals Video: www.youtube.com/watch? I know that alot of us are a like. We can't afford to get alot of the things that we need for doing what we want to do. I make my own Gesso and here is the reciepe on how to make it You need a binder, a pigment and a tooth to make gesso.


 Here are some ideas on where you can get these ingredients - 
Links:


Gesso Recipe

Homemade Gesso Recipe:
Clean Glass Jar w/ Lid
1Tbsp.Baby Powder
1 tsp. Elmer's Glue
AllSmall amount of paint (white or any color wanted)Mix all ingredients together wellAdd more paint if the baby powder isn't absorbed

Gesso Recipe  (this is the one that I use).

1/2 c. of hot water, 1/2 c. baby powder (or whatever you want to use), 1/2 c. white glue and 1 1/2 of paint (whatever you want to use for paint.

You need a binder, a pigment and a tooth to make gesso.  Here are some ideas on where you can get these ingredients
  • Binder – PVA Glue or just cheap white glue.
  • Pigment – I get mine from left over latex paint, craft paint or titanium white tube acrylics
  • Tooth – Drywall powder, plaster, talcum powder or baby powder

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Happy Mail video

House Cleaning Fabuloso